If you are looking for help in shortlisting and selecting ERP software, you are in the right place. It’s a time-consuming process to assess application software, then compare what they are offering to what the organization needs. With several different ERP software on the market, it’s not always clear which product suits your business needs. This website will help you touch all the bases as you investigate each software.
If you are looking for robust, free open source ERP software, look at the list of open source ERP software. Shortlist the software meets the following criteria. We designed this checklist to expedite the process and to help ensure that you touch all the bases as you investigate each ERP software. This checklist along with a list of software above will act as an ERP selection assistant for you.
- Does the ERP software promise any reduction in lead times of those business processes in which you have some interest?
- What is the minimum processing time for MRP (material requirement planning)?
- What is the maximum processing time for MRP?
- What is the minimum processing time for MPS (master production schedule)?
- What is the maximum processing time for MPS?
- Does the software optimize the business processes after implementation?
- Does the software use a built-in business process modeler?
- Has the ERP software implemented sites in this region?
- Has the ERP software implemented ERP in your industry segment?
- Has the ERP software implemented the same modules that your organization needs?
- Will there be immediate delivery of the product?
- Does the ERP software have a specific implementation plan?
- How long did it take for the ERP software to implement the same modules elsewhere?
- How many years of experience does the ERP software have with implementation?
- Does the ERP software have good project plan initiatives?
- Does the ERP software have a good implementation team with the required skills?
- Does the ERP software have the Certification of Excellence given by other customers?
- What is the minimum implementation time for the modules you’ve chosen?
- What is the maximum implementation time for the modules you’ve chosen?
Technical Aspects – Database and Network
- How many user licenses are required?
- Is the ERP designed to work with different RDBMS (relational database management systems), such as Oracle, Sybase, and Informix?
- Does the ERP software have any built-in programs to handle integration?
- How will the data warehousing aspects be addressed?
- What is the maximum time it takes for uploading the remote data?
- What is the minimum time it takes for uploading the remote data?
- Does the software support distributed data processing?
- Does the software support a parallel processing option?
- Has the ERP software had any problems in the past regarding concurrency?
- Does the software have an audit trail on key transactions?
- How many security layers have been incorporated into the software?
- What kind of networking protocols does the software support?
- Does the software support LONG and BLOB data types, etc.?
- What is the largest database the ERP software has handled so far for the modules you’re interested in?
- What is the smallest database size handled by the ERP software so far for the modules you’re interested in?
Technical Aspects – Hardware and software
- What kind of hardware support does the ERP software offer?
- How many years of past history does the ERP software have with the hardware/software that will be used for your project?
- Who are the alliance partners for the hardware support?
- What is the upgrade support for the software?
- Does the software have an interface to support the latest technology?
- How is the ERP software maintaining the documentation for the software?
- Is the software Web-enabled?
- Will the software be implemented in modules?
- Will the software be purchased in modules?
- Will the software accounting adhere to international standards and adhere to each country’s standards?
- How many operating systems does the software support?
- Does the software allow posting of the transaction both in batch mode and online?
- Does the software support multilingual operation?
- How to get support after ERP implementation?
- How much time needed for ERP training for end-users?
- Describe the user interface package support and how each will give end-users ease of operation.
- Did the ERP software complete any customization at any previously implemented sites?
- How will the ERP software complete the reports’ customization?
- Does the software have any built-in programs to handle data conversions?
- Is the front-end application developed using proprietary software?
- Has the customization cost included in the ERP cost?
- Can the ERP software give approval for accessing other customers’ data?
- Does the ERP software have any test data built into the software for proper training?
- If any bugs are found in the software during or after implementation, what is the replacement support?
- Is the ERP software ready to work with third-party tools and software?