You know that keeping up with the latest trends is essential to your success. Marketing is no exception. To stay competitive, you must use the best marketing project management software.
But with so many options on the market, how can you be sure you’re making the right choice?
This article will review 10 of the best marketing project management software programs. That will make your decision easier and ensure your company stays on top of its marketing game. So don’t wait any longer! Choose the right software today and watch your business grow tomorrow!
What is Marketing Project Management Software?
Marketing project management software is a tool that helps businesses plan, execute, and track their marketing campaigns. It can be used to manage multiple aspects of a marketing campaign, including budgeting, scheduling, and tasks.
How to Choose?
Not all marketing project management tools are created equal. You need to consider your specific needs and objectives when choosing a program. Additionally, it’s essential to read reviews and compare pricing.
Here are the ten best marketing project management software programs:
Asana is a popular Project Management Software that offers free and paid versions. It’s perfect for small businesses and teams of up to 15 people.
- Project management Enables planning, tracking, and managing the team from start to finish.
- Various temples, according to workflow.
- The Kanban board allows one to see and track the work
- Workflow builder-Helps to automate workflow
- High-level privacy and data protection
- Sprint planning, Workload management, Agile management
- Enables real-time reporting
- Gantt Chart for planning projects
- Desktop and mobile apps can be synchronized.
- Project campaign allows for the building, launching, and tracking marketing campaigns.
- The free version offers basic features and supports up to 15 people.
- It offers up to 50% discounts for non-profit organizations.
- The paid version starts at $10.99 per use/month and offers advanced features such as unlimited users, custom branding, and priority support.
- The enterprise version costs $24.99 per user/month.
- Asana is simple and easy-to-use software.
- The free version offers many features.
- It integrates with other software programs such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Slack, and more.
- It offers a mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
- Feature-rich chat and collaboration tools.
- Some users have reported that customer support is not very helpful.
- The paid version is a bit expensive compared to other project management software programs.
- Comments cant be transformed into a task.
|Integration||It can be integrated with over 200 apps, including Salesforce, google drive, Microsoft, Azure, Azile charts, and Splunk.|
|Categories of integration||Communication, security, IT and development, marketing and design, reporting, productivity|
|Language support||14 languages (English, Italian, Chinese, French Etc)|
|Customer ratings||In G2, 4.3 out of 5 (Number of reviews:8000+)|
In Capterra, 4.4 out of 5 (Number of reviews:10,000+)
Asana is a sought-after project management solution for teams of up to 15 members. It is capable of project planning, tracking, and managing completely.
It comes with various templates and features such as Kanban boards, workflow automation capabilities, privacy and data protection settings, Gantt Chart projects to support, desktop/mobile synchronization options, monitoring marketing campaigns, and more.
Basecamp is another excellent option for small businesses and teams. It offers a free trial and a monthly subscription.
- To-do list
- Scheduling and calendaring
- Real-time messaging and group chat
- The campfire feature supports group-chat
- Message board replaces email
- Easily share and organize documents and files
- Prioritization, task management, reporting
- Free 30 days trial includes essential features for unlimited users.
- Basecamp offers two plans.
- Basecamp – This is for freelancers, start-ups, and smaller teams. Charges $15 per user per month
- Basecamp pro unlimited – This is for larger teams. It charges $299 per month for unlimited users (Billed annually)
- Discounts are available for yearly subscriptions and non-profit organizations.
- Free accounts for teachers and students.
- Basecamp is simple and easy to use.
- It offers many features for the price.
- It has a clean and user-friendly interface.
- It offers a mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
- Includes fundamental functionalities.
- Gantt charts and milestone tracking do not exist as a common practice.
|Basecamp apps||IOS, Android, and PC|
|Integration||Utilizes Zapier to integrate with ClickUp|
|Customer ratings||In G2, 4.1 out of 5 (Number of reviews:4940+)|
In Capterra, 4.3 out of 5 (Number of reviews:13,350+)
In Software Advice, 4.34 out of 5(Number of reviews:13,500+)
Basecamp is a handy management tool for small businesses and teams. It offers some helpful tools such as scheduling and calendaring, real-time messaging & group chat, a campfire feature for group chat, organization of documents and files, task management & reporting, and more.
Wrike is a good choice for larger businesses and teams. It is a project management software that helps businesses plan, execute, and track their marketing campaigns.
- Kanban board to visualize tasks and progress
- Gantt charts for project planning
- Pre-built workflow templates
- Real-time messaging and group chat
- Dashboards and progress monitoring
- Drag and drop, dependencies, recurring task management
- Workload management
- Reporting and analytics
- Digital access management for digital publishing
- Synchronization of data and automation of workflow by setting up triggers in apps
The free plan is available for centralized task management.
Wrike offers three different pricing options,
- Professional – For fast-growing teams costs $9.80 per user/per month
- Business – For all teams across an organization costs $24.80 per user/month
- Enterprise – This is for large teams
- Provides accessible communication with the request, draft, compose, review, and approve of the process.
- Ensures accountability and transparency with a single source of truth.
- It does not fit every kind of task, such as SDLC and software iteration.
- Need improvement in task prioritization to direct what task should be performed first.
|Integration 400 Integration||(ADP, Airbus, Amazon, Asana, Google, and more)|
|Categories of integration||Artificial intelligence, analytics, collaboration, CRM, finance, HR, IT and development, marketing, sales, productivity, project management|
|Languages||17 languages (English, Polish, Russian, Portuguese, Turkish, Danish Italian, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, German, Czech, French, and Chinese)|
|Customer ratings||In G2, 4.2 out of 5 (Number of reviews:2500+)|
In Capterra, 4.2 out of 5 (Number of reviews:1700+)
Wrike is yet another project management software for large businesses and teams. Some of its best features are Gantt charts for project planning, pre-built workflow templates, real-time messaging & group chat, digital access management, and many more.
Monday.com is a good choice for Marketing Project Management teams. It is a cloud-based project management tool that helps teams stay organized and on track. It is serving 200 industries across 190 countries with 152k paying customers.
- Kanban boards for task prioritization and work balance
- Visualizing milestones and dependencies in a Gantt chart
- Workflow automation to avoid the repetitive task
- Integrations to keep business solutions in a single place
- Documents and file management
- Mobile app for Android and iOS devices
The free plan is available for five users with limited features.
It offers five types of pricing options.
- Individual – Free of cost
- Basic – This plan costs $8 per seat/month
- Standard – This plan costs $10 seat/month
- Professional -This plan costs $16 seat/month
- Enterprise – To get pricing details, you need to contact the vendor
- The free plan offers unlimited boards and documents.
- A sync occurs immediately between the computer and the web version.
- User-friendly and offers many custom templates.
- There is not much customization or scalability in automation & integrations.
- Comparatively, the features aren’t as comprehensive as others.
|Integration||Integrates with over 100 tools, including Outlook, Microsoft teams, Slack, Dropbox, and Google Drive.|
|Categories of integration||CRM, marketing, software development, project management|
|Use Cases||Marketing, Project management, development, IT, sales, HR, Construction, and operators.|
|Customer support||24×7 customer support|
|Customer ratings||In G2, 4.6 out of 5 (Number of reviews:3200+)|
In Capterra, 4.6 out of 5 (Number of reviews:2500+)
Monday.com is a comprehensive work OS for business teams to help them complete projects efficiently and collaborate. Its tools and features include a Gantt chart, workflow automation, documents & file management, a mobile app, and many more.
Trello is a visual project management software that makes it easy to look into what needs to be done and who is working on what. It’s perfect for small businesses or teams working on short-term projects.
- An easy way to make your ideas a reality is with a Trello board
- The timeline can be adjusted on the fly by dragging and dropping dates
- Dashboard for workload management
- No code automation with a feature called butler automates recurring tasks
- Helps teams by providing links between tools and Trello plugins
- A free trial is available for the whole team.
- It offers a free pricing plan. Other plans are standard, premium, and enterprise pricing options.
- Standard – Charges $5 per user per month (Billed annually), $6 per user per month(billed monthly)
- Premium – Charges $10 per user per month (Billed annually), $12.5 per user per month(billed monthly)
- Enterprise – Charges $17.5 per user per month (Billed annually), $210 annual price per user.
- The free plan offers unlimited boards.
- Trello has an extensive search function that makes it easy to find the information you need.
- Process streamlining with Kanban boards.
- The mobile app is not as comprehensive as the web version.
|Integration||Integrates with Google Drive, Slack, Dropbox, and more.|
|Categories of integration||Analytics, workflow automation, HR, marketing, sales, productivity, project management|
|Customer support||Email and phone support are available|
|Customer ratings||In G2, 4.5 out of 5 (Number of reviews:20,300+)|
In Capterra, 4.4 out of 5 (Number of reviews:12,300+)
Trello is a visual tool that enables teams to manage projects, workflows, and tasks, with added features such as files, checklists, and automation. The setup process and customizing are easy to suit your team accordingly to perform well.
ClickUp is a project management tool that helps businesses plan and executes their marketing campaigns.
- Task management provides a to-do list, dependencies, and due date
- Customization of templates, integration, and automation
- Team collaboration
- Gnatt chart and dashboard for better visualization of the report
- Documentation and sharing of bug reports, project idea
- Time tracking, mind map, and whiteboard for workflow management
- Kanban board, sprints
The free version is available for personal use.
It offers four types of pricing options (Yearly or monthly subscription).
- Unlimited-Suitable for small teams, costs $ 5 per user/month
- Business-Suitable for mid-size teams costs $ 12 per user/month
- Business plus -Suitable for multiple teams, costs $19per user/month
- Enterprise-Suitable for large teams. For pricing details, contact the vendors
- A wide range of features and integrations
- Flexible pricing options
- Easy to use and intuitive interface
- The learning curve is a bit steep
- There is no automated budgeting system
|Integration||Integrated with over 100 apps, including Slack, Youtube, Jeera, Chrome, and Bitbucket.|
1000+ app integration via zapier
|Categories of integration||Marketing and Advertising, Computer Software, Information Technology and Services, Management Consulting, Design|
|Customer ratings||In G2, 4.7 out of 5 (Number of reviews:4,700+)|
In Capterra, 4.6 out of 5 (Number of reviews:2,200+)
ClickUP is software for freelancers and small or emerging businesses that need a Project Management System. This platform enables them to manage their work in one place and offers tools like Task management, Gantt chart and dashboard, time tracking, mind map, whiteboard, kanban boards, and more to streamline to project management process.
Smartsheet is similar to spreadsheet excel, which performs all the calculations across multiple sheets with customizable logos and color themes for the project.
- Gantt chart for project management and visualization
- Team collaboration with task assignments and shared views
- Activity logs, alerts
- Status reports keeping everyone informed.
- The critical path provides project milestones.
- Editable reports
Provides four pricing options.
- Free – No cost for one user up to 2 editors
- Professional –This plan is suitable for less than ten users and includes essential features that cost $7 per user/month.
- Business –This plan requires a minimum of 3 to 25 users and includes automated workflows that cost $25 per user/month.
- Enterprise – This plan is suitable for more than 25 users and includes IT governance and administration. To get details, contact the vendor.
- It can be used as a simple spreadsheet or as a complex project management tool.
- It offers flexible pricing options.
- It provides customizable templates and sheets.
- The interface is not as intuitive as some of the other tools.
|Integration||integrates with over 300 applications such as Google Drive, Salesforce, Tableau, and more.|
|Categories of integration||Marketing and Advertising, Information Technology and Services, Design|
|Customer support||Online and phone support|
|Training||Tutorial, webinar, e-learning|
|Customer ratings||In G2, 4.5 out of 5 (Number of reviews:8,500+)|
In Capterra, 4.4 out of 5 (Number of reviews:3,500+)
Smartsheet is a no-code, cloud-based platform that allows businesses to scale from single projects to end-to-end work management. It enables anyone to create their solutions with the control and security required by IT departments. Some features are task management, kanban boards, Gantt charts, shared inboxes, and more.
8. Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects is a project management tool that helps businesses plan, execute and track their marketing campaigns.
- Task management includes a work breakdown structure if the workflow is tricky.
- Automation of recurring tasks with the help of a blueprint
- Scrum with kanban boards with color codes
- Product backlog management for easier sprint planning
- Gnatt chart and reporting for better analytics
- Integrates with wide rages of apps
- Shared inboxes for collaboration
- Zoho project offers a ten-day free trial available for three people.
- It offers a Premium version suitable for up to 50 users and an Enterprise version for unlimited users.
- Simple navigation setting up steps
- Highly customizable according to requirements
- Ideal for small organizations
- The mobile app is missing many features compared to the web app
- Much time is wasted on UI quirks and bugs
|Integration||Integrates with 42 apps and tools.|
|Integration categories||Manage documents, bugs, imports, workflow, time, and repository.|
|Customer ratings||In software advice, 4.2 out of 5 (Number of reviews:250+)|
|Languages||English, Dutch, French, Chinese, Italian, Arabic, Thai, Netherlands Etc|
|Customer support||Phone, email|
ZohoProjects is a cloud-based project management platform to aid you in planning, tracking, and collaborating with your team from anywhere. Some of its main features are task management, automation, Kanban boards, Gantt charts, and shared inboxes.
ProofHub collaboration and project management software help teams get their work done faster, better, and wiser.
- Gantt charts to create project timelines.
- Kanban boards to create visual project plans and track work progress visually.
- Discussion to have conversations with the team and stakeholders in one place
- Task management to create, assign and track tasks and set deadlines and priorities for tasks.
- IOS and Android supported
- API support for third-party integration
- A 14-day free trial is available with all the features.
- The basic plan for 40 projects with unlimited users costs $45/month, billed annually.
- A premium plan for unlimited projects and unlimited users is $89/month, billed annually.
- It also offers discounts for non-profits.
- User-friendly interface
- Affordable plans
- Great features for collaboration and communication
- Bugs need to be fixed in both mobile app
- Sometimes loading speed slow
|Customer support||Chat, demo, live support, email|
|Languages supported||English, Turkish, French, Portuguese Dutch, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, and Spanish|
|Integration||Integrates with ten apps, including Google Drive, Slack, quick books, Dropbox Etc.|
|Customer ratings||In G2, 4.5 out of 5 (Number of reviews:50+)|
In Capterra, 4.5 out of 5 (Number of reviews:50+)
ProofHub is a comprehensive platform providing all the resources needed to manage projects: tasks, teams, communication, files, and more. It allows you and your teams to take control of the processes and concentrate on the objectives and important tasks.
Celoxis is an online project management and collaboration tool that enables users to manage tasks, projects, and resources collaboratively.
- Project Planning and Tracking
- Independent API
- Agile Methodologies
- Budget Management
- Billing & Invoicing
- Document Management
- Customizable Templates
- Reporting and Analytics
- Workflow Automation
- Cloud- Free support, free clients & virtual Users,2GB file space per user/ month costs $22.50
- On-premise – Free support for one year and Free clients & Virtual Users. Contact the vendor for pricing details.
- Improved visibility into project statuses, better communication between team members
- Better communication between team members
- Easier allocation of resources
- The structure of the menu and workflows are complex
- The defect entry field is concise
|Customer support||Email, FAQ, chat, knowledge base|
|Deployment||Cloud or on-premise|
|Integration||Integrates with 100+ tools, including|
|Customer ratings||In Capterra, 4.4 out of 5 (Number of reviews:260+)|
Celoxis is a platform loaded with project management features, including request tracking, planning, tracking, accounting, and portfolio management. It enables you to access project requests from emails, forms, and spreadsheets and prioritize them according to their business needs.
What are the benefits of marketing project management software?
Marketing project management software offers numerous benefits, including the ability to:
Plan and execute marketing campaigns, stay organized and on track, save time, reduce stress, improve communication, and boost productivity.
Marketing project management software is essential for businesses of all sizes. When choosing a program, consider your specific needs and objectives.
Additionally, don’t forget to read reviews and compare pricing. You’ll be on your way to a successful marketing campaign with the right software!
We hope you enjoyed this article. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below! Thanks for reading!