Water, a finite and essential resource, plays a pivotal role in various sectors, from agriculture and manufacturing to healthcare and municipal services.
The need to optimize water usage, minimize waste, and ensure compliance with environmental regulations has spurred the development of innovative solutions.
Among these, water management software has emerged as a crucial tool in addressing the complex challenges associated with water resource management.
It can be hard to keep track of all the water you’re using, especially if you have a large property with lots of irrigation and landscaping.
These software applications provide a holistic approach to water resource monitoring, analysis, and optimization, enabling businesses and organizations to achieve greater efficiency, reduce costs, and contribute to a sustainable future.
In this article, we will explore the significance of water management in various industries and delve into the types of software solutions available in the market. We will also examine their features, and pricing models, and weigh their pros and cons.
What is Water Management Software?
Water management software is a type of software that helps users manage their water usage. It can help track water usage, conserve water, and manage water delivery. Water management software can also help with related data management and asset management tasks.
Here is the list of the ten best water management tools.
Trimble software is one of the market’s best water management software options. This software is mainly for the agriculture industry. It provides users with actionable data and workflows that help in managing people, projects, and processes more efficiently.
It offers a range of features and tools designed specifically for the construction industry, such as project management, resource planning, scheduling, document control, and field management.
- Grade control – Use Trimble grade control systems to improve vertical accuracy and efficiency while excavating, trenching, grading, or leveling.
- Land forming – Trimble land forming system streamlines the surveying, designing, and dirt-moving
- Farm drainage – Trimble farm drainage solutions help streamline analysis, design, installation, and verification steps for surface & subsurface drainages.
Screenshots of Trimble
- Suitable for contractors and farmers
- Grade control helps to increase yields, water usage, and productivity
- Controls excess water and hence reduces soil erosion
- The user interface is tedious to handle
|Cloud, SaaS, Web-Based
|Android, iPhone, iPad
|Startups, SMEs, agencies, enterprise
|FAQs/Forum, Knowledge Base, Email
|Capterra: 4.4(17+reviews), G2: 4.5(885+reviews)
Trimble is an easy-to-use cloud-based platform that helps you carry out work satisfactorily. With the range of features it offers, like pre-season planning, yield monitoring, surface drainage system management, post-season analysis, and many more, it certainly aids in efficiently managing water resources.
Enablon is a comprehensive water management software that helps organizations to optimize their water usage and protect the environment.
- Chain of custody labels and forms
- Automated alerts
- Regulatory compliance
- Lab information system
- Data entry verification
- Formula builder tool
- Mobile data entry
- Lab data transfer
- Reporting tools
- Manages water permits and regulatory requirements
- Track exceedances and wastewater treatment system performance
- Streamline the management of water sampling activities
- Records wastewater monitoring data
- No free trial version is available
- Tedious learning curve
- Lack of training time
- The menu and user interface need to be improved
|Cloud, SaaS, Web-Based
|Windows, Mac, Android
|Email, Phone, Training
|English, German, French
|Capterra: 4.0(1 reviews), G2: 4.0(12 reviews)
Enablon is a cloud-based application to oversee your water permits and regulatory norms. It helps keep track of the water discharges and water sampling logs at a centralized hub, improving water sampling and effectively meeting compliance requirements.
Bentley is a water management software used by water and wastewater utilities and other water industry organizations.
It is crucial to future-proof water utilities by adopting smart and resilient approaches. The utilities can confidently plan, design, build, operate, and maintain water and wastewater systems.
- Asset lifecycle information management
- Pipe stress and vessel analysis
- Structural detailing and analysis
- Utilities and communication networks
- Reality and spatial modeling
- Modeling and visualization
- Mobility simulation and analytics
- Hydraulics and hydrology
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Digital twins
Screenshots of Bentley
- Manages the lifecycle of water and wastewater infrastructure
- Helps to do raw water transmission, treatment, and distribution
- It helps to build good water treatment plants
- Tedious learning curve
- Not very user-friendly
- Lack of advanced features
- Takes time to load formats
- It takes lots of computer RAM
- Limited file formats
- Large files cannot be handled easily
- Compatibility issues
- Limited functionality
- Performance lag
- Cities and campuses
- Electric utilities
- Rail and transit
- Roads and bridges
- Water Utilities
|Startups, SMEs, Enterprises
|Web app, Windows
|Email, phone, training
|Capterra: 3.8(6 reviews), G2: 3.8(5 reviews)
This platform is a great help to architects, engineers, and many others for effective water management. It provides several tools for visualization, modeling, drafting, object management, and more.
Additionally, it can be used to map out, design, and improve the performance of different water infrastructures.
4. Aquatic Informatics
Aquatic informatics is water data management software that deals with acquiring, curating, managing, analyzing, and disseminating data related to aquatic systems.
- Analytics software for the natural environment
- Backflow prevention and cross-connection control hazards management
- Enterprise asset management
- Operations and Compliance
- Wastewater pretreatment and FOG regulatory compliance
- Water quality and wastewater compliance
- Water information management system
- Waste management
Screenshots of Aquatic Informatics
- Interconnected data management helps to manage the water information across the water cycle and hence protects human health and the environment.
- Provides efficient management with integrated data sources.
- Sustainable analytics and reporting.
- Provides real-time insights, contextual visualization tools, and interactive online access for clients.
- Consulting and engineering
- National and federal agencies
|Startups, SMEs, Agencies, Enterprise
|G2: 5.0(2+ reviews)
Aquatic Informatics is one of the popular water management software for efficiently managing water resources across the water cycle to safeguard health and conserve the environment.
Offers several management apps and tools like meeting compliance requirements, wastewater management, water quality management, and more.
Hunter Industries is a company that provides water management software to various industries. Mainly it includes software for residential and commercial irrigation.
- Multi-site option
- Water-saving feature
- Irrigation management
- No feature for BOM or CRM
|Startups, SMEs, Agencies, Enterprises
|Capterra: 4.6(561+reviews), G2: 4.4(467 reviews)
Hunter provides water management platforms for both homes and business establishments. It helps optimize efficiency through the irrigation management tool for multiple site management and water-saving features.
Intelex Software is a leading provider of water quality management software. This powerful software centralizes, streamlines, and effectively manages all your water quality-related compliance obligations, so you can focus on what you do best, without threatening your operations, the environment, or local communities.
- Incident reporting
- Occupation Injury and illness
- Audit management
- Document control
- Training management
- Supplier management
- Permits management
- Job safety analysis
Screenshot of Intelex
- It centralizes and manages all global water quality-related compliance obligations.
- It helps to keep surrounding communities safe by reducing the risk of dangerous discharges.
- Provides real-time performance visibility
- Streamlines reporting and audit process
- Implementation is tedious
- Food and beverage
- Energy and electricity
- Consumer goods
- Aviation and aerospace
|Windows, Mac, Android
|Startups, fREE-lancers, Agencies, SMEs, Enterprise
|Email, phone, live support, training, tickets
|English, French, German, Chinese, Spanish
|Capterra-5.0(1 review), G2-4.0(18 reviews)
Intelex platform helps control water and wastewater management and keep up with compliance norms, live insights into performance, organized reporting and auditing, and more.
WaterTrax software is a top-rated water and wastewater data and compliance management system that helps businesses and municipalities keep track of their water usage.
- Waste water management
- Industrial pretreatment
- Fats, oil, and grease
- Compliance reporting
Screenshots of WaterTrax
- It automates the process of data collection, management, and electronic reporting.
- It helps to centralize water and wastewater data.
- Provides automatic alerts and notifications in case of exceedance.
- The formula builder tool helps to do automatic calculations.
- Scheduling is slightly problematic.
Watertrax Water management software helps monitor, handle, and evaluate water and wastewater management effectively. It is suitable for municipal and commercial establishments and also helps meet regulatory standards.
8. ERA Environmental
ERA Environmental offers water management software that helps users track and manage their water usage, assets, and data. This powerful tool takes the complexity out of calculating chemical discharges and wastewater treatment metrics, and it has advanced data collection and calculation capabilities.
It harnesses information from your facility’s specific parameters and real water usage, making it a uniquely tailored and efficient solution for your water management needs. With ERA Environmental, you’re equipped to tackle water management effortlessly, ensuring regulatory compliance and environmental responsibility.
- ETL data processing
- Reports and dashboards
- Change management
- SDS management
- Risk management
- Quality management
- Document management
Screenshots of ERA Environmental
- Its environmental reporting tool provides voluntary sustainability programs.
- It gives real-time insights into your process’s impact on nearby water bodies.
- Provides clear visualization of water utilization.
- Provides comprehensive reports, including Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMR) and other custom-made reports.
- Understanding the interface is a little bit difficult
- Oil and gas
- Food and beverages
- Energy and utilities
|Startups, SMEs, Agencies, Enterprise
|Web App, Windows
|Email, phone, training, tickets, live support
This platform completely tracks and analyses your water and wastewater data and gives the details of water usage, stormwater outfall, and more. It provides automatic reporting and centralized sampling and keeps it in check with compliance.
9. Banyan Water
Banyan Water software is one of the most popular water management software suitable for businesses. This water management software provides real-time insights that can help to optimize water use across your entire system.
With the software, it can detect leaks, monitor usage patterns, and make data-driven decisions to minimize waste and lower expenses.
- Banyan water central
- Irrigation insight
- Indoor Insight
- Cooling insights
- It helps to reduce the spending on water
- It helps to compare actual water costs to budgeted amounts
- Provides real-time data on your property’s water use
- Identifies hidden leaks
- Prevents damages and leaks
- Retail and hospitality
- Fortune 500
- Multi-family and student housing
With a motto to save water, save money, and save time, this platform offers tools and features to monitor use, predict and analyze costs, prevent leaks, effective water use portfolio, and many more.
Qatium is an open and interactive water management application that helps in effective water management solutions with the help of digital twinning with any data or resource available.
- Data management and 3D view of the network
- Simulations to test network performance
- Connect SCADA and AMI data for digital twinning
- Collaboration and Knowledge sharing
- Free Version: For a single-user
- Premium: It starts from $330/month
- Enterprise: For more deployments-Contact the sales team of the company
- Simulations to minimize customer disturbances
- Examine hydrant capacity to correct fire flows
- Monitoring water quality
- Data visualization
- Missing tools (calibration)
|Cloud, SaaS, Web-Based
|4.6 out of 5 in G2
Qatium is a smart water management software that enables your team to detect and improve the water network efficiency and maintain the service.
Qatium water management software is good at its user-friendly interface and ease of use. The full visibility provided to operations and planning teams, allows them to efficiently run their networks.
Note: All the above water monitoring software solutions (except Qatium) are not provided pricing details on their official website. You need to contact them directly for the details.
How does it benefit businesses in the agriculture sector?
Water management software is a specialized type of software designed to help businesses in the agriculture sector effectively manage their water resources and usage. It integrates with various aspects of agricultural operations, providing comprehensive tools and features to optimize water management.
What are the key features to look for in ERP water resources management software?
The key features of ERP water management software are
– Efficient Water Resource Allocation
– Real-time Monitoring
– Data-driven Decision Making
– Automation of Irrigation
The water management software market is increasing as municipalities and other organizations become more aware of the importance of efficient water management.
The ten software programs featured are the best of the best, each offering a unique set of features. We hope this article has helped you find the perfect program for your needs.