Human Resources is another widely implemented ERP module. ERP HR module streamlines the management of human resources and human capital.
HR modules routinely maintain a complete employee database including contact information, salary details, attendance, performance evaluation and promotion of all employees.
The advanced HR module is integrated with knowledge management systems to optimally utilize the expertise of all employees.
A knowledge management system is an information technology system. It stores and retrieves the knowledge to improve understanding, collaboration, and process alignment. Knowledge management systems can exist within organizations or teams. And they can also be used to center knowledge base for clients.
ERP HR modules refer to the systems and processes at the intersection between human resource management (HRM) and information technology.
On the whole, these ERP systems have their origin on software that integrates information from different applications into one universal database.
The linkage of its financial and human resource modules through one database is the most important distinction to the individually and proprietary developed predecessors. That makes this software application both rigid and flexible.
Submodules of ERP HR module
- Organizational Management: it helps with personnel planning and application development. It enables analyzing the complete organizational structure. This allows planning and developing personnel summary.
- E-Recruitment: submodule for hiring both internal employees and external candidates. That includes access to talents regardless of geography.
- Time Management: it enables functionality to record attendance and absence for employees. It also helps in the evaluation of attendance, absences, overtime, bonus, wages.
- Personal Administration: it manages many individual pieces of information. This information is stored, updated and managed for each employee. To manage personnel data related to tasks you need it.
- Payroll: it manages payroll of employees in an organization. Payroll can be integrated with other modules like accounting and time management. It consists of payments for each employee and deductions made. In the transactions of the payroll module, the user is allowed entering the daily attendance data of all the employees of the company on the payroll. The user can mark the entire employee’s data as present or absent. Also if the operator of the company has done any overtime then the user of the software can enter the data relating to the operators over time.
- Reporting: it provides reports of individual employees and consolidated reports across departments, demographics.
The HR management module is a component covering many other HR aspects from application to retirement. that includes
- Recording basic demographic and address data.
- Selection, interviewing and complete the hiring process.
- Training and development of employees.
- Capabilities and skills management.
- Compensation planning record.
- Other related activities.
Leading-edge systems provide the ability to “read” applications and enter relevant data to applicable database fields, notify employers and provide position management and position control.
Human resource management involves many functionalities. That includes recruitment, placement, evaluation, compensation, and employee development.
Initially, businesses used a computer-based information system for,
- produce paychecks and payroll reports;
- maintain personnel records;
- pursue talent management.
Also, the processing of the payroll and the attendance can be done in this module. The reports will correctly specify the leaves and the attendance is taken of the employee after the processing of the attendance has been done.
WorkTime gathers standardized time and work-related efforts. The most advanced modules provide,
- Broad flexibility in data collection methods.
- Labor distribution capabilities.
- Data analysis features.
- Cost analysis.
- Efficiency metrics.
The benefits-administration module provides a system for organizations to administer and track employee participation in benefits programs. This typically includes,
- profit sharing
- and retirement.
Submodules and functionalities names may vary based on vendor to vendor. By and large, all human resource systems will have the above set of functionalities.
Get more information about ERP HR module and related ERP software information.