Bernard GoldenCEO, Navica Inc.
If we understand what is open source than we can make out what open source ERP really is.
To know what open source really is follow this URL
Open source ERP exhibits following characteristics …
- redistribution, including selling or using as component without fee.
- The Source code must be available in readable form.
- Derived work must be allowed under the same license conditions.
- Integrity of the author’s source code (licenses may require that modifications are redistributed only as patches).
- No discrimination against persons or groups.
- No discrimination against fields of endeavor.
- Distribution of license (license applies to all whom the program is redistributed to, closing up software is forbidden).
- License must not be specific to a product.
- License must not restrict other software.
- License must be technology neutral.
If you want to know more about open source erp and related terms use following URL: