ERP5 is a comprehensive open source ERP software covering all aspects of business management, including accounting, sales, purchasing, inventory, and production.
This blog post will discuss some of the key features that make ERP5 an excellent choice for businesses of all sizes.
What is ERP5?
ERP5 is a software system that helps companies to manage their business processes. It is open-source software, which means that it is free to use. In addition, it is developed in Python, which makes it easy to customize and extend.
This software is more suitable for governments, banks, and corporations.
It is entirely free of charge if you are building it from available open-source code. The project is maintained by the company Nexedi, they have expertise in customizing the packages for each business.
The vital objective of the ERP5 implementation process is decreasing the total time of implementation. So the implementation process goes parallel with the existing system.
The implementation process takes place in 5 steps.
- Analysis – In this step, analysis of documents, abstract features, security analysis, categorial analysis, and behaviourist analysis happens.
- Development – In this step, the configuration of workflow, forums, documents of projects happens without taking care of any related documents.
- Integration – This step includes implementing reports that are dependent on multiple document types. And also needs interface development.
- Test – It includes developing unit tests and functional tests which replicate the real use of the implemented new system that is ERP5 system.
- Data retrieving – In this final step, retrieving data from the existing system into the new ERP5 system occurs.
Supports and Services
It supports the customer via training. Regularly it provides short training sessions held by ERP5 certified partners worldwide.
It provides both in-house training and individual training. In-house training is suitable for managers and developers.
An engineer dedicated to learning the software in depth can have individual training sessions.
Authorized partners will hold all training sessions under the supervision of ERP5 international.
Some Screenshots of ERP5 Features
The system is comprehensive and available with below mentioned major features,
- Auto logout
- Auth Policy
- OOO Import
- Worklist Cache
- ODT Style
- ODS Style
- ADV. Invoicing
- E-mail Reader
- SVG Editor
- Xinha Editor
- It fulfills the requirement of large companies like aerospace, health, transportation for critical applications.
- It is capable to serve a large number of users and a large volume of data.
- It is completely open-source software. You will find its modules in GPL( GNU General Public License).
- This software covers every business management area, such as purchasing, accounting, sales management, data management, financial management, etc.
- It provides flexible accessibility. You can access the software from any system or any mobile with the internet.
What industries does it support?
It supports industries such as
- Government Sector
Customers of ERP5
Following are some of its top customers
- GKR International Group
- Sanef Tolling
- Aide et Action
- MMC Rus
Few other software you can consider are,
- CREST ERP
- Odoo ERP
- ino ERP
ERP5 uses a single model, called the Unified Business Model, to describe all its components.
Development is continued with two projects, jIO, and RenderJs, that helps in creating a responsive web interface for the software. This will involve moving some processes from the server to the client.
You can find GitHub clones for the project here: https://github.com/Nexedi/erp5.
You can find more open-source ERP software similar to this.