Are you in search of open-source software? Odoo is software that can help businesses run smoothly. It has lots of tools to help you manage projects and daily tasks. Odoo is easy to use, and it’s free!
Odoo is a comprehensive open-source ERP software that can manage all aspects of your business, from sales and marketing to finance and HR. You can also customize it to fit your needs. It offers various features and modules customized to meet your organization’s specific needs.
This guide will provide an overview of Odoo’s features, implementation, implementation cost, pros, cons, and tips on getting started using it.
New version: Odoo 16
Released Date: October 12, 2022
What is Odoo ERP?
This open-source software suite helps entrepreneurs save time and money managing their businesses. It’s one of the leading open-source ERP, CRM, and business automation tools.
It incorporates more than 30 main modules and more than 16,000 third-party plug-ins. So the customer can get the modules that he needs.
It offers two types of editions.
All the essential features are free for unlimited users if you want a community edition.
If you’re going to go for the Enterprise edition, then pricing details are as follows (as of writing this article, for more updates, refer to its official website)
Enterprise edition offers three pricing plans.
1. One App – It is entirely free and is for one app only, with unlimited users.
2. Standard – It costs $24.90 per user per month (billed yearly)
3. Custom – It costs $37.40 per user per month (billed yearly)
Odoo implementation is a process that includes adding Odoo ERP modules, features, and functionalities.
With Odoo, you will get many different business management solutions, including
- Customer relationship management
- Human resource management
- Project management
- eCommerce, and more
You can pick several modules per their business need from the thousands of Odoo modules available- you don’t have to purchase the entire system.
For implementation, you can contact Odoo partners also like Emipro Technologies Pvt Ltd, Serpent consulting services Pvt Ltd, Oodu Implementers PVT Ltd, PrixZen Tec Solution Pvt Ltd, Planet Odoo, and many more.
They provide the best Odoo professionals, consultants, business analysts, and quality analysts for implementation and guidance.
- Select the best Odoo service provider.
- Meet the service provider, discuss what is needed, and form a team.
- Defining implementation project scope
- Analyzing the requirements and putting together all details
- Analyzing the best Odoo for you
- Draft the requirement and design workflow
- Developing prototype and proof of concept
- Customization and development as per need
- Analyzing the quality performance of the system
- Data migration of customer’s existing system to Odoo system
- Deployment of Odoo software to clients’ server
- Maintenance, when required, throughout the years
It offers three types of implementation for its paid users
|Self-service||Here, clients can implement the software by themselves. Through the mail, they will get functional and bug-fixing support on standard features, 24/5 only in English.|
|Success packs||In this type, customers can implement the software with this help by purchasing its success pack ( Recommended for companies with less than 50 users). Customers will get a dedicated consultant also.|
|With a local (Odoo) partner||Here, customers can implement the software with the help of a partner(Recommended for companies with more than 50 users).|
Odoo Implementation Cost
Its implementation cost differs from industry to industry. The price depends on the type of industry.
Implementation includes installation, server management, configuration, modules management, training, support, etc.
Hence, complicated implementation takes around 6 to 9 months and costs around 10,000 USD to 1,00,000 USD.
The price of success packs for new customers is as follows.
|Starter Plan||190 USD for starter plan, dedicated customer success consultant is for 4 hours, suggested for simple apps.|
|Basic Plan||977.50 USD for the basic plan, dedicated customer success consultant is for 25 hours, suggested for simple apps.|
|Standard Plan||1904 USD for the standard plan, dedicated customer success consultant is for 50 hours, suggested for advanced apps and data import.|
|Custom Plan||3,400 USD for a custom plan, dedicated customer success consultant is for 100 hours, suggested for advanced apps, data import, and customizations.|
|Pro Plan||6,800 USD for the pro plan, dedicated customer success consultant is for 200 hours, suggested for advanced apps, data import, and customizations.|
The price of success packs for returning customers is as follows.
|Starter Plan||223.53 USD for the starter plan, dedicated customer success consultant is for 4 hours, suggested for simple apps.|
|Basic Plan||1,150 USD for the basic plan, dedicated customer success consultant is for 25 hours, suggested for simple apps.|
|Standard Plan||2,240 USD for the standard plan, dedicated customer success consultant is for 50 hours, suggested for advanced apps and data import.|
|Custom Plan||4,000 USD for a custom plan, dedicated customer success consultant is for 100 hours, suggested for advanced apps, data import, and customizations.|
|Pro Plan||8,000 USD for the pro plan, dedicated customer success consultant is for 200 hours, suggested for advanced apps, data import, and customizations.|
Customer Support / Service
It supports its customer via its website by providing educational materials, user documentation, videos, and a free trial for 15 days.
It offers practical and bug-fixing support on standard features for paid customers in English through the mail.
The customer who purchased the success pack is provided with a dedicated consultant for support and supports through live chat or email in applications. That is available in English and French languages from Monday to Friday.
The community forum is also there to support customers. Here you can ask questions and answer about Odoo apps.
It has limited customer support for the community edition. However, that is only through forums.
- It offers three types of hosting
- Cloud hosting (No additional charges)
- On-premise hosting ( No additional costs)
- Odoo cloud platform
- It is available in more than 50 languages worldwide
- Its website is available in 11 languages
- It is API-friendly software. You can integrate it with famous apps such as WhatsApp, Amazon, and over 16,000 third-party apps through its internal app store.
- It offers software training classes at $125 per class or $1000 per year
- In the enterprise edition, iOS and Android apps are available
Odoo ERP modules and their features
This article will examine the new odoo features in its Community Edition version 14. We will be looking at all the new features and other cool stuff available.
- Spreadsheet (BI)
- Point of sale
- Amazon Connector
- Website Builder
- Live Chat
4. Inventory and MRP
5. Human Resources
- Time off
- Social Marketing
- Email Marketing
- SMS Marketing
- Marketing Automation
- Field Service
- Help Desk
Odoo ERP Advantages
- This is a Python-based open-source enterprise management software solution that is free to download, use and distribute.
- Small business owners who have long struggled with the complexities of maintaining records, managing finances, and coordinating projects with employees offer a cost-effective alternative to expensive software systems.
- Its intuitive interface and powerful features make it easy to set up and run on your computer or mobile device in just minutes without any unique expertise.
- With a free community edition and a paid enterprise version of the software available online and through partners worldwide, It offers small-business owners the tools to grow their businesses without breaking the bank.
- Insufficient Support: You will get support only if you are paid customer. For the community (open-source version), you will not get any help fixing bugs.
- High training fees: You need good software knowledge to operate with the community edition. This provides software training classes. But its cost is high.
- Difficult to maintain: If you choose the community edition (which is free) of Odoo, you must have to sound IT knowledge because you need to operate it fully without any support from Odoo. Otherwise, it isn’t easy to maintain and run the software.
- Confused pricing format: It provides annual and monthly subscriptions. Other than that, it offers separate charges for applications. These charges are different for different applications. That might not be very clear.
What industries does it support?
It supports industries such as
- Service Sector
- Trading Company
- Education sector
- Health Care
- Real Estate
- Alta motors
- AMNESTY International
- National Equipment Corporation
Odoo software is a comprehensive ERP solution that companies can customize to meet the needs of businesses of any size. Its modules offer a comprehensive suite of tools you can easily customize to your business operations.
The pricing is competitive in the current market, and implementation costs can be kept down by taking advantage of Odoo’s free tools and resources.
The software has a user-friendly interface and supports multiple languages. While there are some distinct advantages to using Odoo, there are also a few disadvantages to consider. You should weigh all the pros and cons before deciding what is best for your organization’s needs.
You can find more Open-source ERP software similar to Odoo.