Open source is a massive trend in the software industry. Everyone from restaurants and hotels to financial institutions and schools is adopting it.
This article gives you valuable information about iDempiere ERP that will help you to grow your business.
What is iDempiere?
iDempiere is an open-source solution that is very easy to use and used by small, medium, and large industries.
It’s a combination of ADempiere and OSGi. So you can use it with any ADempiere-enabled product. You can use iDempiere on the Cloud.
It offers enterprise software in an easy, affordable way for existing businesses to access big data and big ideas in the OpenStack cloud computing model without investing in expensive hardware.
It also has a stand-alone version that you can download, configure and run on your local machine.
It is entirely free of charge. (as of writing this article, for more updates, refer iDempiere official website)
iDempiere Modules and Features
- Quotation and Estimates
- Applicant tracking
- Inventory Control
- Document Management
- Project Management
- Warehouse Management
- Business Process Modeling
- Inventory Management
- Supplier and Purchase Order Management
- Quality Management
- Field Service Management
- Purchase Order
- It reduces the cost because it is entirely free.
- It is tier II ERP system.
- There are no vendor lock-ins.
- It has good scalability. It has multiple application servers and load balancing.
- With the help of easy plugins, you can easily customize your software.
- It allows its users to integrate other apps from outside. By doing so, users can add more features and functionalities to their system and make their company more productive.
- It is not easy to use for the new user who is using free, open-source ERP first time.
What industries does iDempiere support?
It supports some of the biggest companies in different industry verticals, such as
- Education sector
iDempiere v/s Adempiere
|Categories||ERP, CRM, Manufacturing||ERP|
|Deployment model||Cloud, on-premise||Cloud, On-premise|
|Intended users||Small, Medium, Large||Small, Medium, Enterprise|
|Programming languages||Java||Java 1.8|
|Supported devices||Linux, Mac, Windows, Solaris, Android||Linux, Unix, Windows, OS X|
iDempiere v/s Odoo
|Categories||ERP, CRM, SCM, Manufacturing||ERP, CRM, Accounting|
|Deployment model||Cloud, On-premise||Cloud, On-premise, Odoo. sh|
|Intended users||Small, Medium, Large||Small, Medium, Enterprises|
|License||GPLv2||GNU lesser, GPLv3, Proprietary|
|Supported devices||Linux, Mac, Windows, Solaris, Android||Web apps, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS|
You can find more open-source ERP software similar to iDempiere.