If you have ever worked with a proprietary ERP, chances are you have been frustrated by the high cost of licensing and support fees. But with open source ERP software, there is no need to worry about that.
Apache ofbiz is one of the open-source ERP software.
What is Apache OFBiz?
It is one of the open-source ERP systems available today. The OFBiz developers worked closely with hundreds of companies to create a flexible, scalable platform that can be adapted to meet your business needs and yours — no matter which industry you operate in.
It has been designed to be easy to set up and operate, but powerful enough to handle the processing power of even the largest data centers.
Unlike other ERP solutions designed for large data centers, OFBiz can run on your personal computer (without requiring any special software or hardware).
Apache OFBiz pricing
It is available fully free of charge (as of writing this article, for more updates refer to its official website.)
Apache OFBiz modules and features
- Accounting( GL,AR,AP,FA)
- CRM, Order management, and E-commerce
- Warehousing and inventory
- Manufacturing and MRP
- Product and catalog management
- Promotion and pricing management
- Supply chain Fulfillment
- Contracts, Payments, and Billing
Apache OFBiz Advantages
- It is fully free. No upfront charges
- It is fully scalable, flexible, and customizable open-source ERP
- It provides varieties of features including billing, invoicing, and also vendor management.
- It is developed and run by a foundation. Hence, this software is supported by a good and an active community.
- Project management or scheduling not available.
- You need to spend more time to understand and handle the software.
- You need the guidance of a person who has experience in handling this software.
Apache OFBiz Alternatives
- Bitrix 24
- Reaction Commerce
- Project Open
- Sonata Software Limited
- Acepac International
- HotWax Systems
- SPEL Technologies
You can find more open source ERP similar to Apache OFBiz ERP