Manufacturing order is a document, group of documents, or schedule conveying authority for the manufacture of specified parts or products in specified quantities. This order can be planned or released.
How do we create Manufacturing Order?
Both planned and released manufacturing orders can be created manually or automatically. A manufacturing order contains some basic information like order type, order documents, start date, finish date, order quantity, status, priority, start and finish points, etc.
Manufacturing order management
Manufacturing order management is software that helps to manage manufacturing orders both at a project level and enterprise level. It manages the entire process starting from order creation to GRN (Goods Receipt Note) automatically.
The manufacturing order process starts from BOM (bill of materials) and raw materials need for the manufacturing. You will get all this information in the manufacturing order form.
Manufacturing order format
It contains following details
- Manufacturing order number and date: In this field order number and date has to be mentioned.
- Product Name: Name of the product that you are going to manufacture.
- Job quantity: Complete quantity of the order has to be specified in this field. For that, you can refer customer order.
- Delivery date: Here you need to mention the date on that date you are going to deliver the product. In the customer purchase order, the expecting date of the product will be mentioned. The same date you can mention in customer delivery date.
- Job start date: Here specify the start date of the process.
- Material transfer / raw material location date: Mentioned the date on which raw material should transfer.
- Packing date: Mention the target date of packing
- Finished product location/ material transfer date: Specify the date till on that date product stored temporarily to complete all the documentation.
- Dispatch date: Target date of dispatching the product
- Job end date: Mention the date on which date the finished product reaches the customer location.
- Manufacturing process: Process I and II AND inspection & packing contains the following fields.
- Unit of measurement
- Internal process stage
- Rejection quantity
- Accepted quantity
- Cost of the process
Get more definitions about Manufacturing order and other ERP related terms here.