Infor and NetSuite are two of the most popular ERP software options on the market. But which one is the better option for your business?
You are deciding on which ERP software to choose can be challenging. However, you don’t want to make the wrong choice and regret it later.
In this blog post, we discuss Infor vs NetSuite so you can see the differences between them and decide better which ERP software is right for your business.
What is Infor?
Infor is the ultimate industry software solution that helps companies of all sizes manage their businesses. It offers a complete enterprise software suite including ERP, CRM, and HCM applications. It has over 10,000 employees and serves over 70,000 customers in over 200 countries.
What is NetSuite?
NetSuite is a cloud-based ERP system capable of running critical processes efficiently. NetSuite’s ERP software is used by businesses of all sizes in various industries, including e-commerce, retail, and manufacturing. It enables complete control and insight into many businesses’ processes. It has around 24,000 customers in 190 countries.
|Free trial: available||Free trial: available|
Starting price:$99 per user/month
Base License:$999 per use per month
Infor Vs NetSuite
Infor provides more flexible ERP solutions than NetSuite
- NetSuite – Reporting, CRM, dashboard, managing distribution, integrating and managing the accounting, purchasing, management of warehouse, order, and supply chain
- Infor – Reporting, HRM, CRM, dashboard, managing distribution, integrating and managing the accounting, purchasing, management of warehouse, project, order, and supply chain
NetSuite offers more robust features in accounting than Infor.
- NetSuite – Duplicate payment warning, money management, supplier management, Approval management, Reconciliation, general ledger, Writing check
- Infor – General ledger
Billing and invoicing
- NetSuite – Schedule base billing, contact database, billing management, contingency billing, customer platform, invoicing customization, history of the invoice, remote payment, online invoice and payments, project and service billing, calculation of tax
- Infor – Calculation of tax, billing, contact database, processing payment
- NetSuite – Multi-channel management, RFID, kitting, forecasting, inventory management, notification, remote access, retail, supplier, reorder, and warehouse management.
- Infor – Multi-channel management, notification, remote access, retail management
NetSuite provides more customizable and multiple options in billing, invoicing, and inventory management.
Essential comparisons of Infor and NetSuite
NetSuite was built initially on the cloud-based platform, but Infor was not. Instead, Infor was re-architected to be hosted on Amazon Web Services(AWS). Unfortunately, that means many different versions of this software, and it cannot be easy to upgrade all customers simultaneously.
Among the two, only NetSuite adapts blockchain technology. It enables a collaborative framework for sharing data in the cloud,on-premise, or SaaS platforms.
NetSuite provides real-time data quickly without any intervention, whereas Infor uses middleware Intelligent Open Network(ION) to exchange accurate data between different modules.
The total cost of ownership of the Infor cloud application is higher comparatively.
Infor provides more industry-specific modules and functions tailored to focus on modern design, high speed, and better user interface.
On the other hand, NetSuite cloud-ERP focus on managing core business applications by developing partially or a fully integrated solution for CRM, financials, e-commerce Etc.
- Infor integrated with more than 30 solutions, including Indigo WMS, Proteus CMMS, and more.
- NetSuite integrated with more than 650 solutions, including Ledgible, ConnectWise, BambooHR, Pacejet, and more. In comparison, it supports more integrated business operation functionalities.
|Programming language||.net, j2EE||ODBO|
Finnish, French, German, Hebrew,
Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian,
Polish, Portuguese, Russian
|Chinese, English, French, German,|
|Deployment||Cloud, SaaS, Web-Based, windows, Linux, iPhone,iPad||Cloud, SaaS, Web-Based, Android, iPhone, iPad|
|Competitors||Visual EstiTrack, Acumatica Cloud ERP, Odoo, SyteLine, S2K Enterprise, ProShop||Acumatica Cloud ERP, OneHash, Odoo, Accurants, M1 ERP|
|Training||in-person, online,webinar,documentation,||in-person, online,webinar,documentation,video|
|Customer Support||Knowledge base, Phone support, email, chat||Live, online, phone support, email, chat, Knowledge base|
|Most suitable for||Midsize to large industries||Startup to midsize industries|
- Its less complicated, simple, and easy-to-use software in the market
- There are many ready-made reports available for us to choose from.
- Enables customization of features or reports depending on requirements without IT expert help
- Data management is easy with the dashboard
- Auto-locking doesn’t exist, so if users aren’t using the program for extended periods, the program won’t sign them out. It slows down the system when there are more users.
- Needs improvement in updating documentation of newly added features and customer support.
NetSuite is an excellent choice for businesses expanding their sales and service teams or adding new product lines. The system’s scalability means it can accommodate your company as it grows. Its CRM and e-commerce capabilities also give you a complete view of your customer relationships from a sales, service, and marketing perspective.
Infor, on the other hand, is a good choice for companies that need to manage complex manufacturing processes or want to take advantage of the company’s deep industry expertise. Its software supports specific industries, such as manufacturing, healthcare, and hospitality.
We hope you found this comparison helpful. Thank you for reading!