More and more companies are looking for ways to automate their invoice processing. This can speed up the workflow and make things simpler. But it cannot be easy to choose the right software.
Melio is one of the accounts payable automation software. This article informs about Melio, including its features, pricing, pros, and cons.
What is Melio?
It is an accounts payable software for small and medium businesses and accountants. This tool is helpful for easy and quick vendor payment with bank transactions via free ACH bank transfer, debit, or credit card payment.
Pricing and plans
This software offers free use of ACH to ACH transactions. No monthly subscription.
Transactions fee have two plans
- Get paid
- Melio’s synchronization with Quickbooks and Freshbooks simplifies bookkeeping, tax calculation, and payment.
- Easy approval for the payment process as it shares one account with the team.
- It automates the business bill payment.
- It encourages credit card payment by offering points.
- International payment is easily possible who are dealing outside the country.
- Multiple payments simultaneously and several payments to the same vendor are also possible.
- Flexible payment methods can be made partially, i.e., a split payment option is also there.
- It reduces fraud and forgery as it will not provide bank details on the check.
Products of Melio
Products for Business
Pay vendors and contractors
This offers small businesses free and easy payment options. You can pay online bills via bank transfer or debit, and credit card transfer without any monthly fee or subscription cost.
Following are the steps to pay vendors and contractors.
- Add bill or invoice details first
- Select the payment option
- Choose the payment delivery
- It improves business bill payments. If not, deferred payment is also possible.
- Bill payment can be made instantly.
- Easy to set up roles and permissions for additional users
- Able to control the whole payment transaction
- Enables to pay utilities like a phone bill
Get paid on time every time
Melio’s bill-paying service gives customers flexible payment options. This will make it easier for them to pay you, and you can easily track and reconcile every payment. The steps to get paid are
- Select an invoice
- Send request
- Get paid
- It accepts online payment.
- Provides more clarity to your customers
- Enable to do automatic reconciliation
- Easy to work and complete control over bill payment
Product for Accountants
Melio accounts payable software manages the business account payments very quickly, saving time and reducing accountants’ workload.
- It lets you improve your payment process by syncing your accounts receivable with different programs, like QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, FreshBooks, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, and more.
- Easy ACH payments and receivables
- It provides a simple and clean user interface.
- It lets you contact your contractors without needing to collect their private bank information. This reduces the security risks of your business.
- It makes the payroll process easy for accountants.
- It is easy to make multiple payments to the same vendor and have a record for tax time ease.
- No subscription fees.
- It takes a minimum of 3 business days for a bank transfer to complete leads delay payment.
- You cannot pay multiple invoices with one check.
- No option to block or remove unwanted vendors.
- Sometimes it isn’t easy to connect a bank account to the program.
- Customer service is not satisfactory.
Melio may be a good choice for software to manage your accounts payable. This blog post has given you a detailed description of Melio, including its best features, pros, and cons.
However, it is important to compare the software with its competitors before making a buying decision.