Cloud ERP is one of the most important ERP technologies currently available. It is the replacement for hard drives and tape drives in your company’s computer systems.
In this post, get comprehensive details about Microsoft Dynamics GP, its pricing, features, and limitations.
What is Microsoft Dynamics GP?
Microsoft Dynamics GP Cloud ERP is a set of enterprise business software designed to help small and medium-sized companies maximize their efficiency.
The ERP platform has been deployed by hundreds of thousands of businesses across more than 150 countries around the world.
It is used by many top companies, including some of the largest tech companies in the world.
Microsoft Dynamics GP Pricing
Dynamics GP is usually sold through third-party. Hence its price may vary as per the vendor and the features that you have chosen.
Dynamics GP provides 2 types of license
Subscription license and Perpetual license
Price package for perpetual license
Perpetual clients pay a one-time fee for the license ( up to 3 users). If users are more than 3 then the client needs to pay for each user.
Each user fees are as follows
- Full – $3000
- Limited – $600
- Self-service – $60
It is categorized users into 3 types
- Full – Has access to create and edit information
- Limited – Has access only to view
- Self-service – Has access to non-business tasks
Starter Pack – $5000
- It offers financial module and distribution module
- U.S and Canadian Payroll and Human Resource Module
- Gives access for 3 users with create and edit data access
- Available in Frech Canadian, Latin American Spanish, and English languages
Extended Pack – $10,000
- Gives all the features of the starter pack
- Gives extended financial module
- Gives extended distribution module
Customization Pack – $6000
- Integrates Dynamic GP with ISVs
Human Resource and Payroll Add-on – $7000
- Provides advanced Human Resource and Payroll Module
Price package for Subscription license
Subscription clients pay a monthly fee for each user. Its starter pack and extended pack vary between $140 to $240 per user per month depending on the third party.
You will get dynamics GP software through authorized vendors. They only plan, implement, and customize the software and also provide supports to the customer.
Some vendors offer a 30-days free trial also.
The software can be deployed either on-premise or cloud.
On-premise deployment – In this type of deployment initial setup charge is more. But customers can access data without an internet connection provided server maintenance and backups.
Cloud deployment – In this type of deployment initial setup costs are less and server maintenance also not needed. But to access data, an internet connection is required.
Supports and Services
Microsoft Dynamics GP offers 3 types of support plans
- Enhancement plan
- It gives access to training modules and online materials
- Gives access to the new version, service packs, and hotfixes
- Provides Microsoft Dynamics life cycle services and license mobility
- Advantage plan
- It includes all the features of the enhancement plan
- Community forum engineers will respond to the queries
- 6 issues per year will be solved by the support team via phone or email
- Response time will be within 3 hours
- Advantage plus plan
- It includes all the features of the advantage plan
- You will get solutions for unlimited issues
- Response time will be within 2 hours
- You will get 24/7 technical support
Microsoft Dynamics GP Modules
Microsoft Dynamics provides modules as per the pricing packages
Available modules in Starter package
- Financial Management
- General Ledger
- Analytical accounting
- Receivable management
- Acceptable management
- Cashflow management
- Fixed asset management
- Capability to refund checks
- Business Intelligence
- Unlimited management reporter designer user and viewer user
- Analysis and advanced analysis cube library
- Human Resource Management
- Human resource unlimited users
- Payroll( the U.S and Canada) unlimited users
- Employee profile and pay
- Human resource time management
- Supply Chain Management
- Inventory control
- Purchase order processing
- Order management
- Sales order processing
- PO generation
- Project time and expense
Available modules in Extended Package
- All modules of starter packages along with that
- Business intelligence
- Unlimited Microsoft forecaster
- Supply chain management
- Advanced distribution and picking
- Available to promise
- Returns management
- Manufacturing BOM
- Manufacturing order processing
- Material requirements planning
- Master production schedule
- Project management
- Project accounting
- Customer relationship management
- Contract Administration
- Preventive maintenance
- Service call management
- Depot management
Available moduls in the Customization package
- Integration suite
- Customization suite
Available modules in HR and payroll add-on
- HR and payroll advanced
- Self-service benefits
Advantages of Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Boosts Productivity – It offers flexible, easily implemented workflows and collaborative business intelligence.
- Helps to connect all your business processes – It allows you to have and use sociable software tools to develop your business. It helps to eradicate useless obstacles to productivity by connecting all business processes and keeps them streamline.
- Exclusive Reporting – Good reporting and collaborating abilities of this software allow you to have the necessary information to make business decisions.
- Streamlines financial management process with business – The software allows you to alter the financial management process as per your business needs, this helps in reduction of time on routine work.
- Provides real-time data – Integration of modules allows you to enter accurate data and one-time data. Hence you get real time data throughout the company and you can enhance your decision-making.
- Reduces training time and expenses – It ingrates with familiar applications like MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook. Hence the employees can learn to work with the software easily without much training.
Disadvantages of Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Server maintenance cost and hardware cost of Dynamics GP is very high
- You will not get advanced features such as data analysis and mobile accessibility
- You will not get warehousing and budgeting functionalities
- A compatible platform to access add-ons is not available
What industries does it support?
It supports industries such as
- Public Sector
- Financial Services
Microsoft Dynamics GP Alternatives
- Greenergy Fuels Limited
- Tesla. Inc
- Cox Media Group
- Kingfisher Plc.
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare
- Credit One Bank
- Essen BioScience
- Chatham Financial