ERP Sales module implements functions of order placement, order scheduling, shipping and invoicing. Sales module is closely integrated with organizations’ e-commerce websites. Many ERP vendors offer online storefront as part of the sales module. ERP marketing module along with CRP supports lead generation, direct mailing campaign, and other marketing works. Scheduling of the promotion is possible using this.
Features of the sales and marketing module
- Handles pre-sales and sales activities of the organization
- Complete stock-to-dock tracking of sales order processing cycle
- Sales Force Automation – Prospect tracking through various stages, detailed competitor products information location-wise, scheduling marketing executives’ visits, tracking expenses
- Marketing surveys for estimating the demand for various products to prepare an effective marketing strategy
- Detailed Customers/ Business Partners/ Dealers database including bank details, TDS details, contact details, and credit limit
- Target setting for executives
- Order amendment history
- Authorization of orders and invoices
- Order scheduling over a period of time and tracking delivery schedule
- Order tracking through status and transaction reports
- Generation of production advice to plan for production based on sales orders
- Order processing based on MRP
- Preparation of dispatch advice
- Multiple dispatches against single Sales Order
- Invoice generation with advance adjustments – sales voucher automatically generated in Finance
- Tracking sales returns
- Association of customers to Marketing Executives and Business Partners for tracking
- Flexibility to define customer-specific prices for products and reference to customer part no.
- Multiple dispatch location for customers/dealers
- Complete export documentation for export-oriented companies
- Excise details (chapter no. associated with excisable products)
- Inquiries from potential and existing customers
- Quotations and amendments to quotations with complete history
- Analyzing lost jobs
- Different types of orders can be generated to suit the varied needs of customers
- Order entry for direct/scheduled/open/D3/sample orders with details for Dealers, incentive % and competition
- Order calculation based on price offered discounts (line and total), excise, taxes, freight.
- Letter of credit details for association with sales orders
- Rejection invoice for rejections made against purchases with excise consideration
- MIS for analyzing sales trends to project and forecast sales
- Stock Transfer between warehouses for multi-location companies
- Service invoice for services given to customers
- Variance reports
- Enables top view – consolidation of sales data for all child companies
- CRM integration through Internet – posting inquiries and sales orders on the web by customers. Importing the same into ERP after validations.
ERP Sales module is the most important and essential function for the existence of an organization. Sales handle all the activities for domestic and export sales of an organization. The customer and product database are maintained. Capturing inquiries, order placement, order scheduling and then dispatching and invoicing form the broad steps of the sales cycle. Stock transfer between warehouses is also covered. Besides all this, important analysis reports are provided to guide decision making and strategy planning. Export documents are also generated.
Get more information about ERP sales module and other related ERP modules here.