ERP Sales module implements functions of order placement, order scheduling, shipping, and invoicing.
This module helps in sales planning too. Sales planning determines the sales rates the company must maintain for its product lines to meet the strategic plan.
Most of the ERP systems available in the market today are having this module.
This module works with the logistics system of an organization. It also interacts with CRM systems.
This module handles marketing and distribution too. In the case of SAP, sales and distribution are a component of the logistics module.
The sales module is integrated with organizations’ e-commerce websites. Many ERP vendors offer online storefront as part of the sales module.
ERP marketing module along with CRP (customer reference program) supports,
- Lead generation.
- Direct mailing campaign.
- Other marketing works.
- Scheduling of the promotion is possible using this.
- Check the price of goods and services like rebate or discount, which is given to a customer.
- Check the availability of a product in stock.
- Generating bills or invoices.
- Determine the details of materials based on conditions.
- A simple credit check and automatic credit check for managing the credit limits of the customers.
- Determine the details of customers based on different conditions.
Detailed functionalities list of ERP sales module
- Handles pre-sales and sales activities of the organization.
- Complete stock-to-dock tracking of the sales order processing cycle.
- SalesForce Automation. Prospect tracking through various stages. Detailed location-wise competitor product information. Scheduling marketing executives’ visits, tracking expenses.
- Marketing surveys for estimating the demand for various products. These surveys will help in preparing an effective marketing strategy.
- Detailed customers, business partners, dealers database. These entries include bank details, TDS details, contact details, and credit limits.
- Target setting for executives.
- Order amendment history.
- Authorization of orders and invoices.
- Order scheduling over a period of time and tracking delivery schedule.
- Order tracking through status and transaction reports.
- Generation of production advice to plan for production based on sales orders.
- Order processing based on the maximum retail price (MRP).
- Preparation of dispatch advice.
- Many dispatches against single sales order (SO).
- Invoice generation with advance adjustments, sales vouchers automatically generated in finance.
- Tracking sales returns.
- Association of customers to marketing executives and business partners for tracking.
- Flexibility to define customer-specific prices for products and reference to customer part number.
- Multiple dispatch location for customers and dealers.
- Complete export documentation for export-oriented companies.
- Excise details. (chapter number associated with excisable products)
- Inquiries from potential and existing customers.
- Quotations and amendments to quotations with complete history.
- Analyzing lost jobs.
- Different types of orders can be generated to suit the varied needs of customers.
- Order entry for direct/scheduled/open/D3 sample orders. This will also be with details for dealers, incentive-percentage, and compensation.
- Order calculation based on price offered discounts (line and total), excise, taxes, freight.
- Letter of credit details for association with sales orders.
- Rejection invoice for rejections made against purchases with excise consideration.
- MIS for analyzing sales trends to project and forecast sales.
- Stock transfer between warehouses for multi-location companies.
- Service invoice for services given to customers.
- Variance reports.
- Enables top view – consolidation of sales data for all child companies.
- CRM integration through the Internet. Posting inquiries and sales orders on the web by customers. Importing the same into ERP after validations.
ERP Sales module is an important and essential function for an organization. Sales handle all the activities for domestic and export sales of an organization.
The customer and product database are maintained in ERP sales module. The module facilitates sales cycle steps. Broad steps include,
- Capturing inquiries
- order placement
- order scheduling
Stock transfer between warehouses is also covered.
Besides all this, important analysis reports are provided. These reports guide decision making and strategy planning. You can also generate report documents and export them.
Get more information about ERP sales module and other related ERP modules here.